- Prepare a marinade by adding curd (vegan), kashmiri red chilli powder and salt. Marinate the Veg Bytz pieces in the prepared marinade for half an hour.
- Add oil and butter (vegan) in a deep pan and heat it.
- Now put chopped onion and sauté until golden brown.
- Add tomato and cook it until soft.
- Now add ginger garlic paste, cashew, melon seeds and spice powders (kashmiri red chilli powder and salt). Add a little water, cover the lid and cook for 10 minutes till the onion is fully cooked.
- Remove lid from the pan and let water dry completely.
- When there is no water left in onion transfer it to an open pan, let it cool completely and make fine gravy from it.
- Heat oil in a pan and add cardamom and mace to it.
- Now add the marination in oil and sauté until it turns golden brown.
- Now add the prepared gravy to it and cook well until the oil starts separating from gravy.
- Put some water, cover with a lid, turn the flame to lowest and cook for next 15 minutes.
- Add cream and butter (vegan) to it.
- Garnish it with chopped onion and Veg Bytz makhni is ready to eat.